Charges for the Amprion GmbH transmission grid usage since 01.01.2020
The Amprion GmbH grid charges are based on a revenue cap (allowed revenues) which is determined for each network company in accordance with the incentive regulation act. In accordance with § 4 ARegV (incentive regulation decree) the revenue cap for Amprion GmbH will be adjusted on January 1, 2020. This modification of our revenue cap leads to a recalculation of our grid charges. The grid charges of the Amprion GmbH are based on § 17 ARegV.
It should be noted that any additional costs pursuant to the KWK (Combined Heat and Power Legislation), value added tax, § 19 StromNEV-levy and concession fees, if applicable, as well as other levies (i. e. offshore grid levy or interruptible load levy) are not included in the indication of the grid charges.
Gradual harmonization of TSO grid charges
In accordance with § 32a StromNEV, the transmission grid charges are gradually being harmonized since the beginning of 2019. The Amprion grid charge therefore consists of a company-specific and a nationwide uniform share. The grid charges for 2020 consist of a 60 % company-specific and a 40 % nationwide uniform grid fee share.
Elements of Grid charges
Grid charges consist of several elements. In detail, the following services and levies are covered:
- Usage of grid infrastructure (e. g. lines, transformers, substations)
- Provision of system services (e. g. frequency control, voltage control, system operation) to ensure secure and reliable grid operation, coverage of transmission losses
- Invoicing and metering at a customer’s connection point
- If applicable concession fee to the respective municipality/city
- Additional charges in accordance with the “Combined Heat and Power Legislation” (KWK-Gesetz)
- § 19 StromNEV levy
- Offshore-liability-levy (01.01.2013)
- Levy for interruptable loads (01.01.2014)
The annual demand rate system power charges cover for using the grid for an entire year whereas the monthly demand rate system power charges cover for using the grid for one month.
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2018 incl. levies
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2015 incl. levies
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2014 incl. levies
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2013 incl. levies
- Guideline for Calculating the overall Grid Charge
- Structural characteristics
- Former Grid Charges
- General terms and conditions
- Price Sheet for individual grid usage in accordance with § 19 para. 2 of the German Electricity Regulation on Grid tariffs (StromNEV)