Publication of an indicated modification of grid charges as per § 20.1 EnWG
Due to § 6 ARegV (regulation on incentive regulation) a new revenue cap for Amprion GmbH will be determined. The new revenue cap will be valid during the fourth regulation period, starting on January 1st 2024, which will consequently lead to a recalculation of the grid charges. According to § 20.1 EnWG (Energy Industry Act), grid charges have to be published by October 15th of each year for the following year. In case this is not yet finally possible, provisional fees based on the relevant revenue cap for the following year are to be published (indication).
The provisional grid charges for 2024 have been determined taking into account a subsidy in accordance with a decision by the federal government to proportionately cover the transmission network costs. At the time of publication, there is no legal basis for this subsidy. The provisional grid charges are therefore subject to the legal basis being in place by December 6, 2023. If the legal basis for the proportional coverage of the transmission network costs is missing on December 6th, 2023, the final TSO grid charges for 2024 will increase accordingly. Amprion therefore expressly points out that the grid charges are not yet binding and that adjustments can still be made by the end of the year.
It should be noted that any additional costs pursuant to the KWK (Combined Heat and Power Legislation), value added tax, § 19 StromNEV-levy and concession fees, if applicable, as well as other levies (i. e. offshore grid levy or interruptible load levy) are not included in the indication of the grid charges.
Gradual harmonization of TSO grid charges
In accordance with § 32a StromNEV, the transmission grid charges are gradually being harmonized since the beginning of 2019. The (provisional) grid charges are fully harmonized.
CHARGES FOR THE AMPRION GMBH TRANSMISSION GRID USAGE SINCE 01.01.2023
The Amprion GmbH grid charges are based on a revenue cap (allowed revenues) which is determined for each network company in accordance with the incentive regulation act. In accordance with § 4 ARegV (incentive regulation decree) the revenue cap for Amprion GmbH will be adjusted on January 1, 2023. This modification of our revenue cap leads to a recalculation of our grid charges.
The grid charges for 2023 have been determined by taking into account a subsidy in accordance with the "Draft law to introduce an electricity price brake and to change other energy law provisions". The draft was approved by the Bundesrat on December 19th, 2022.
It should be noted that any additional costs pursuant to the KWK (Combined Heat and Power Legislation), value added tax, § 19 StromNEV-levy and concession fees, if applicable, as well as other levies (i. e. offshore grid levy) are not included in the indication of the grid charges.
GRADUAL HARMONIZATION OF TSO GRID CHARGES
In accordance with § 32a StromNEV, the transmission grid charges are gradually being harmonized since the beginning of 2019. The (provisional) grid charges for 2023 are fully harmonized.
- Price sheets Amprion GmbH
- Digital price sheets Amprion GmbH
Elements of Grid charges
Grid charges consist of several elements. In detail, the following services and levies are covered:
- Usage of grid infrastructure (e. g. lines, transformers, substations)
- Provision of system services (e. g. frequency control, voltage control, system operation) to ensure secure and reliable grid operation, coverage of transmission losses
- Invoicing and metering at a customer’s connection point
- If applicable concession fee to the respective municipality/city
- Additional charges in accordance with the “Combined Heat and Power Legislation” (KWK-Gesetz)
- § 19 StromNEV levy
- Offshore-liability-levy (01.01.2013)
- Levy for interruptable loads (01.01.2014)
The annual demand rate system power charges cover for using the grid for an entire year whereas the monthly demand rate system power charges cover for using the grid for one month.
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2018 incl. levies
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2015 incl. levies
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2014 incl. levies
- Price Sheet Amprion 01.01.2013 incl. levies
- Guideline for Calculating the overall Grid Charge
- Structural characteristics
- Former Grid Charges
- General terms and conditions
- Price Sheet for individual grid usage in accordance with § 19 para. 2 of the German Electricity Regulation on Grid tariffs (StromNEV)
- Individual grid usage in accordance with § 19 para. 3 StromNEV