Cross-Border Intraday (XBID) Project
The aim of the XBID project is to create a single pan European cross zonal intraday market in Europe. The project partners consist of the European Nominated Electricity Market Operators (NEMOs), EPEX SPOT, GME, NordPool and OMIE and the North Western European and Baltic Transmission System Operators (TSOs).
The XBID solution is based on a common IT system with one Shared Order Book (SOB), a Capacity Management Module (CMM) and a Shipping Module (SM). This means that orders entered by market participants for continuous matching in one bidding zone can be matched by orders similarly submitted by market participants in any other bidding zone within the project’s reach as long as transmission capacity is available. The intraday solution supports both explicit (where requested by NRAs) and implicit continuous trading and is in line with the EU Target model for an integrated intraday market.
European-wide intraday coupling is a key component for completing the European Internal Energy Market. With the rising share of intermittent generation in the European generation mix, connecting intraday markets through cross-border trading is an increasingly important tool for market parties to keep positions balanced. The purpose of the XBID initiative is to increase the overall efficiency of intraday trading.
The intraday solution supports both explicit (where decided by national regulatory authorities) and implicit continuous trading and is in line with the EU target model for an integrated cross-zonal intraday market.
Information for Explicit Participants
The following documents are relevant for explicit participants trading at the French/German border. Please note that the IDF rules have to be signed in order to act as explicit participant. Already signed statements of acceptance (SoA) remain valid and do not have to be renewed.
- Rules for explicit intraday trading of schedules energy on the French/German border (“IFD Rules”)
- User guide for explicit participants (“MFG 180”)
- Application programming interface (API) for traders (“DFS 500”)
User Group Meetings
The XBID project continuously informs external parties about the progress in user group meetings. The relevant documents are publicly available.
- Questions and answers [165 kB]
- XBID launch information package [327 kB]
- User group meeting 2018/11/21 (presentation and minutes) [1.8 MB]
- User group meeting 2018/04/17 (presentation and minutes) [721 kB]
- User group meeting 2018/03/20 (presentation and minutes) [426 kB]
- User group meeting 2018/01/31 (presentation) [5.0 MB]
- User group meeting 2017/06/20 (presentation and minutes) [3.8 MB]
- User group meeting 2016/11/08 (presentation and minutes) [3.7 MB]
- User group meeting 2016/06/29 (presentation and minutes) [4.0 MB]
- User group meeting 2016/02/17 (presentation and minutes) [3.9 MB]
- User group meeting 2015/04/28 (presentation and minutes) [3.0 MB]
- User group meeting 2014/11/25 (presentation and minutes) [2.4 MB]
- XBID – 2nd Wave Go-Live and Changes in Gate Opening Time from January 1st, 2019 (2018/12/05) [222 kB]
- European Cross-Border Intraday (XBID) Solution trades exceed 2.5 million since go-live. (2018/09/06) [34 kB]
- XBID Go-Live (2018/06/14) [100 kB]
- European Cross-Border Intraday (XBID) Solution and 10 Local Implementation Projects confirm go-live date for June 2018 (2018/05/24) [95 kB]
- Revised Go-Live Date of XBID (2018/01/31) [99 kB]
- Target Launch Date of XBID (2018/01/08) [34 kB]