What is TSC?
The “TSO Security Cooperation” (TSC) is a cooperation initiative of eleven European Transmission System Operators (TSOs) to improve the security of the power grids throughout Central Europe. The eleven TSOs are responsible for providing power in a reliable way to some 170 million European citizens. The initiative encompasses a permanent TSO Security Panel (group of security experts), uses a “Real-time Awareness and Alarm System” (RAAS) and implements a shared IT platform for exchanging data and assessing common security calculations. In effect, TSC helps TSOs to better manage in real-time their expanding operations, especially with respect to integrating wind energy and handling increasing cross-border trading and electricity transmission.
• is an initiative to enhance the security of the electrical system in Europe
• is perfectly complementary to other international initiatives and Cooperation Centres
• represents a crucial step towards safeguarding the entire European power grid and it is open to adding other TSOs as members
• develops and implements new multilateral procedures and remedial actions, and thus maintain high system security levels
• helps TSOs to better manage their expanding operations, especially with respect to integrating wind energy and handling increases in cross-border trading and electricity transmission.